LEARN TO BE A LIFESAVER!
HEARTS MATTER: COMMUNITY CPR
- A free 1 hour training session teaching CPR and how to use a defibrillator
- For groups of between 8 – 30 people
- Suitable for ages 8+
- Tailored to age group and venue
- Includes simulation and practical activity using training defibrillators and resus dummies
Increase your skills and your confidence to act in an emergency
“I felt very nervous about it at the start. Now I would know what to do.” – Hearts Matter participant
REGISTER FOR YOUR FREE CPR TRAINING TODAY:
- There are approximately 30,000 out of hospital cardiac arrests attended to by medical professionals every year, of which only 40% of victims receive bystander CPR%.
- For each minute that goes by without defibrilation, the chances of surviving an out of hospital cardiac arrest decreases by 10%.
- The current survival rate of cardiac arrests in the UK is 7-8%. In comparison areas with a comprehensive strategy to reduce deaths by cardiac arrest have survival rates of 50%.
- Recognising a cardiac arrest, calling 999, administering CPR, and defibrillation are crucial elements of the chain of survival.
- Bystander CPR has shown to double a person’s chances of survival, while defibrillation within 3-5 minutes can increase survival rates to 50 – 70%.
WHAT WE’RE DOING IT ABOUT
- At Magpas Air Ambulance, we want everyone to have the confidence and knowledge to intervene when someone is suffering a cardiac arrest, to provide them with CPR and to deploy a defibrillator in the vital minutes before the emergency services arrive.
- To make this a reality, we have just launched our own community training session, Hearts Matter – Community CPR, which is available to schools, businesses, and community groups across Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire – FOR FREE
It’s only thanks to your generous donations that our advanced medical team were able to fly out to Dean and Jimmy to provide hospital-level lifesaving care. Please donate today so that we can help more Deans and Jimmys in the future.
WHAT YOU SAID
“Wow, that was the best use of an hour all year!” – Hearts Matter participant
“Very clear, simple and effective. Really helpful.” – Hearts Matter participant